The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has a network of regional and local offices across Cape Town to serve social grant beneficiaries in the province.
Knowing the addresses, contact details, and hours can help you easily access services related to your grants when needed.
SASSA Cape Town Regional Office
The main regional office for the Western Cape is:
Address: Golden Acre, Adderley Street, Cape Town, 8000
Phone: 021 469 0235
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
As the largest office, it offers the full range of services for all grant types across the province, including:
- New grant applications
- Grant payments
- Card collections
- Grant renewals
- Updating personal details
- Social relief grant applications
Given the extensive services, this office is extremely busy. Expect queues and delays.
SASSA Bellville Local Office
A key local office serving communities in the metro north is located at:
Address: Mazzur Road, Belgravia, Bellville, 7530
Phone: 021 944 7700
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
This branch provides services related to:
- New and existing grant applications
- Grant renewals and updates
- Replacement SASSA card collections
- Grant payment collections
- Change in circumstance reporting
Lines may also be long at this branch during peak times.
Getting to SASSA Offices in Cape Town
The Cape Town regional office can be easily accessed via Golden Acre transport hub and nearby MyCiTi bus routes.
The Bellville office is reachable via major highways like the N1 and public transport to the Bellville CBD area.
Parking is available at both offices.
Documents Needed When Visiting SASSA Cape Town
Bring the following documents with you when visiting SASSA offices:
- Original South African ID book or ID smart card
- Birth certificates for child grants
- Proof of income/disability for new applications
- Completed SASSA application forms
- Medical reports for disability grants
- Existing SASSA grant card
Tips for Visiting SASSA Cape Town
- Arrive early to secure your place in queues
- Treat all staff respectfully
- Follow security rules and procedures
- Keep copies of documents submitted
- Follow up if issues are not resolved promptly
Knowing the locations, contact details and documents needed saves time when accessing SASSA offices for grant services in Cape Town.
Hello, I’m Dumisani Joubert, a passionate writer and advocate based in South Africa. With a deep commitment to providing accessible information, my website serves as a reliable resource for all things related to SASSA grants, offering valuable insights and guidance to empower individuals and communities.