If you receive your SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) grant on a SASSA card and want to transfer the money to your Capitec bank account, there is a specific process you need to follow. The SASSA card cannot directly transfer funds to a bank account – it can only be used to withdraw cash. This article explains, in a step-by-step manner, how to switch your SASSA grant payment method from the SASSA card to direct deposit into your Capitec account.
Overview of the SASSA Card to Capitec Transfer Process
To change your SASSA payout option from the SASSA card to your Capitec account, you need to complete an official SASSA form called the Annexure C (Bank Form). This form enables grant beneficiaries to change their payment method.
The Annexure C process requires in-person submissions and cannot be fully completed online. Once submitted and approved, your SASSA payments will go directly into your chosen Capitec account moving forward.
Below is an in-depth, step-by-step walkthrough of the entire SASSA card to Capitec bank transfer process from start to finish.
Step 1: Obtain the SASSA Annexure C Form
The first step is to acquire the Annexure C form, which is the official SASSA bank form. Here are two ways to get this form:
- Download the Annexure C form directly from the SASSA website. This is the quickest and easiest way to obtain the form.
- Visit your nearest SASSA office in person and request the form. Speak to a SASSA representative and ask for a printed copy.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to get the official physical or printed Annexure C document. You cannot submit this form online – it must be completed by hand.
Step 2: Complete the SASSA Annexure C Form
Once you have the Annexure C form, you need to fill it out fully and accurately. Be sure to include:
- Your personal and contact details e.g. name, ID number, address.
- Your Capitec bank account details – account number, branch code, account type.
- Any other required information specified on the form.
Double and triple check that all the information you fill in is correct. Any errors may delay the process. You also cannot submit the SASSA Annexure C form electronically or online. It must be completed by hand with original signatures.
Step 3: Get the Form Signed and Stamped by Capitec
The next step is to take your completed Annexure C form to any Capitec bank branch. Request a bank representative to do two things:
- Sign and date the form. This verifies your Capitec account details.
- Official bank stamp. This authenticates the form.
This signature and stamp from Capitec essentially confirms that your bank account information on the Annexure C is valid and correct. Do not skip this important step.
Step 4: Submit the Form at a SASSA Office
Once your Annexure C form is fully completed, signed by Capitec, and stamped, you need to submit it. To do this:
- Take your form in person to your closest SASSA office.
- Queue and then hand in the form to a SASSA agent along with your biometric data such as fingerprints.
- SASSA will review your application and communicate if there are any issues.
- If all is in order, SASSA will approve the request and activate the account change.
Be aware this process can take some time so patience is advised when waiting for approval. But once confirmed, your grant funds will go straight to Capitec.
Key Tips for Changing From SASSA Card to Capitec
Here are some important tips to keep in mind when transferring your SASSA payouts from the card to Capitec:
- Only use official SASSA forms, do not use unofficial templates.
- Take your time to fill out the Annexure C accurately. Mistakes may cause delays.
- Capitec must stamp and sign the form to certify your details.
- The full process requires in-person submissions, it cannot all be done online.
- Keep photocopies of your filled form and documents for record purposes.
- It will likely take several weeks for SASSA to change the payment method. Be patient.
In summary, changing your SASSA grant payout from the SASSA card to direct Capitec deposit requires obtaining, filling out, verifying, and submitting the SASSA Annexure C form in person. It is a lengthy process but worth it to have your funds securely deposited into your chosen bank account. Follow all steps carefully for a smooth transition. You can now receive your SASSA grant directly into Capitec going forward.
Hello, I’m Dumisani Joubert, a passionate writer and advocate based in South Africa. With a deep commitment to providing accessible information, my website serves as a reliable resource for all things related to SASSA grants, offering valuable insights and guidance to empower individuals and communities.