- 1 R350 Grant Details
- 2 SASSA Phone Numbers for R350 Grant
- 3 When to Contact the R350 Grant Phone Numbers?
- 4 How to Contact SASSA About the R350 Grant?
- 5 Tips for Using the SASSA Phone Numbers
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
R350 Grant Details
The R350 grant is a short-term financial relief grant introduced by the government in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some key facts about the R350 SRD grant:
- Provides R350 per month to approved applicants
- For unemployed South African citizens with limited income
- Application online or at SASSA branches
- Paid into beneficiaries’ bank accounts
- Currently set to end on 31 March 2024
SASSA Phone Numbers for R350 Grant
To contact SASSA about the R350 grant, you can use the following toll-free phone numbers:
SASSA Call Centre Number
- 0800 60 10 11
- Available Monday–Friday, 8AM–5PM
SASSA SRD WhatsApp Number
- 082 046 8553
- Accessible 24/7
Save these numbers to easily reach SASSA about the R350 grant.
When to Contact the R350 Grant Phone Numbers?
You can use the dedicated SASSA phone numbers for the R350 grant to:
- Get help applying for the grant
- Check the status of your application
- Update your personal details
- Report non-payment of approved funds
- Resolve payment disputes
- Query deductions or changes to your grant amount
- Ask questions about eligibility criteria
- Appeal a rejected application
- Find information about grant expiry and renewals
How to Contact SASSA About the R350 Grant?
To use the R350 grant phone numbers and speak to a SASSA agent:
Call the Toll-Free Call Centre Number
- Dial 0800 60 10 11 from your phone
- Have your ID number ready for faster processing
- Explain your R350 grant issue or question clearly to the agent
Message the WhatsApp Support Line
- Save 082 046 8553 to your phone contacts
- Send a message with your ID number and issue details
- A SASSA agent will reply during office hours
Tips for Using the SASSA Phone Numbers
When contacting SASSA about the R350 grant via phone, follow these tips:
- Be patient as call volumes are high – you may wait on hold
- Have your ID number handy to help verify your identity
- Clearly explain your issue to the agent for best resolution
- Follow all instructions provided by the SASSA representative
- If you can’t get through by call, use the WhatsApp number
SASSA offers dedicated toll-free phone numbers to provide support regarding the R350 SRD grant. Use the call centre at 0800 60 10 11 or WhatsApp line at 082 046 8553 for help with your grant application, payments, appeals, and any other issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the SASSA Call Centre hours?
The toll-free call centre is available Monday–Friday, 8AM to 5PM. The WhatsApp support line is accessible 24/7.
Q: What languages do SASSA agents speak?
Agents speak English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Sesotho, Setswana, Sepedi, Xitsonga, Tshivenda and other languages.
Q: Is it free to call or message SASSA?
Yes, the toll-free call centre and WhatsApp line are free to use. Only standard data rates apply on WhatsApp.
Q: Can I call about other grants, not just R350?
Yes, you can call the SASSA call centre for help with all grant types, not just the R350 SRD grant.
Q: What info should I have ready when contacting SASSA?
Have your ID number, grant reference numbers, and a clear explanation of your issue or question prepared before contacting SASSA.
Hello, I’m Dumisani Joubert, a passionate writer and advocate based in South Africa. With a deep commitment to providing accessible information, my website serves as a reliable resource for all things related to SASSA grants, offering valuable insights and guidance to empower individuals and communities.