When you receive social assistance through the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA), checking your grant balance regularly is advisable. However, many wonder if they can check their SASSA balance using *130*.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to check your SASSA balance via *130* in South Africa, as this is a USSD code used by Cell C for their mobile services.
Below are the valid options to check your remaining SASSA funds if you receive a grant.
Check SASSA Balance by USSD Code
The quickest and most convenient way to check your SASSA balance is by using the designated USSD code from your phone:
- Dial *120*3210# on your mobile phone to initiate balance check.
- Follow USSD menu prompts to enter your 13-digit SASSA ID number.
- Choose balance inquiry option when prompted to get current balance.
- Your up-to-date SASSA balance will be stated on the call.
Use SASSA WhatsApp Chatbot
You can also opt to check your balance via the official SASSA WhatsApp chatbot:
- Save number 082 046 8553 in your phone as “SASSA”.
- Send ‘Sassa’ text to start chatbot conversation.
- Follow reply prompts to select balance option.
- Enter your ID when asked and receive balance confirmation.
Check Balance Through SASSA Website
If you prefer using the SASSA online system, you can check balance on their website:
- Go to www.sassa.gov.za and login to your account.
- Navigate to ‘My Balance’ page under ‘My Grants’.
- Your current available balance will be displayed.
- Allows balance check securely online.
Visit Nearest SASSA Regional Office
You can also choose to check your balance in person at a SASSA office:
- Take your ID book and SASSA card to your nearest SASSA office.
- Request balance inquiry at the customer service desk.
- SASSA agent will be able to assist and provide latest balance.
- Get personalized service to address any questions.
In summary, while *130* does not work to check SASSA balance, there are convenient options via USSD, WhatsApp, the SASSA website, or visiting a regional office. Having your updated balance amount allows you to stay on top of your SASSA funds.
Hello, I’m Dumisani Joubert, a passionate writer and advocate based in South Africa. With a deep commitment to providing accessible information, my website serves as a reliable resource for all things related to SASSA grants, offering valuable insights and guidance to empower individuals and communities.